Saturday, June 19, 2010

Taylor Lautner on the Spotlight

Taylor Lautner goes shirtless again in "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse," proving yet again that he has a six-pack to die for. Playing Jacob the hunky werewolf the third time around puts Lautner in the middle of some intense competition with Edward for the love of Bella, finally giving him the opportunity to kiss Kristen Stewart.

Taylor revealed to Parade.com's Jeanne Wolf why he might be willing to go that far for love.

Fight for the one you love.
"One of the biggest things I admire about Jacob is his persistence. He keeps going and fights for what he believes in. You've got to love a girl quite a bit to fight that much for her. I guess maybe I'd be the same way if I loved somebody the way that Jacob loves Bella. But he's in a tough little love triangle, and I don't envy that."

What it takes to be romantic in real life.
"I don't know if I'm the best person to answer that question. One of my favorite movies is 'The Notebook,' so I think I'd consider that a little bit romantic. I've given a flower or two. But I like something simple -- not like going out and doing something extremely extravagant. It's more like just being able to talk to each other. I think, besides the gifts and the flowers, romance comes from just talking with her from your heart."

The big lip-lock with Bella.
"Jacob's been waiting for that moment for a while. It wasn't awkward. It was different. Like, Kristen and I would finish and pull away and she'd look at me and there'd be a moment of silence and she'd say, 'Taylor, we just kissed.' And I'd be like, 'Yeah, we did.' That was pretty much it. I found it a lot harder to pretend I hated Rob Pattinson. He and I are good friends, and he's too nice. He needs to roughen up a little bit, so I can actually hate him. We ruined plenty of takes just because we couldn't keep a straight face when we are yelling and screaming at each other."

Keeping his toned bod in perspective.
"It's healthy and it sort of becomes addictive. It's addicting to get into the gym and work to get that muscle. And the healthy eating is good too. But, luckily for me, my friends couldn't care less. They tease me and mess with me about the shirtless thing and about my little jean shorts. It's all good because it keeps me from looking in the mirror."

Two different worlds.
"I live in this world where people scream at me when I walk down the street, but then I live in the same world that I always did before. I go home, spend time with my family and friends, and it's the same as it always was. When I'm not working I'm probably doing nothing. I do like to watch TV."

Remembering his high school days.
"I didn't have, like, a certain group of friends that I hung out with every single day, I was more of the type that kind of just roamed around and spent time with a wide variation of people. I don't know, it sounds so cheesy, but I love people in general, like meeting new people."

Action without a werewolf costume.
"As an actor you want to challenge yourself to do as many different things as possible. Next, I'm in 'Abduction' with Alfred Molina, Sigourney Weaver, Maria Bello, and Jason Isaacs. I had to do boxing and fight training, learn how to ride a motorcycle and I think I'll still have to do some swimming training. Overall, it's pretty intense. There'll be a lot of stunts and I'm looking forward to it."





Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails