Sunday, May 9, 2010

Style Icon of the Day: Casey Marie



 1. How do you describe your style?
I would describe my personal style as a blend of coastal inspirations, waves, and hard rock influence. I'm a beach chick. 

2.Where do you get your fashion inspiration?
I get my fashion inspiration from FOAM magazine, it's my favorite! Also, my wall is a mass collection of editorial magazines and Urban Outfitters/Billabong models, and I look at all the beautiful pieces they're wearing when I need some help picking out an outfit. 

3.What piece of clothing do you wear the most?
I for sure wear my crop top from Urban Outfitters the most, or my teal blue cardigan. I love the designs for both! They're the kind of pieces that, when you just decide one day to wear whatever, will make you feel beautiful on a bad-hair day. 

4.What fashion accessory/clothing have you been craving to buy?
Ankle Booties, high-waisted jean shorts, and a black lace bodysuit. I swear I'll own them as soon as I get my hands on some cash, ahahaha.  




5.In your opinion, what accessory should always be present in an outfit?
Silver jewelry, no doubt. I always wear this chain bracelet my boyfriend gave to me a year ago, and I swear it goes with everything. Silver will never be out of style. 

6.Who are/is your style icons/s?
ahaha, I swear I'm going to start looking like a creep. Elle May L. from Lookbook. nu is a major role model in the fashion industry, and I really love her looks. She's incredibly stylish and really pretty! I also look at LIGHTS, a Toronto-based singer who looks like she could be my twin sister. 

7.What boutique or online store do you love to shop?why?
Ohh I swear, when I shop online, I look like a rotting pumpkin in the stuff I buy. I'm one of those people who HAS to try something on, because nothing ever looks the way it should on my body. ahahha. I really like RVCA, Urban Outfitters, Pink Stripes Boutique, Billabong, Element Eden, and Metro Park. Those stores are the coolest. 

8.Which do you prefer, designer clothes or cheap finds?
Can I say in the middle? I don't really like designers all too much, unless you count Vera Wang, and I can't stand target and cheap finds. My favorite brand is Silence & Noise, all their clothing is gorgeous. I think I'll think of this question as a matter of what catches my eye! If it's a piece I find attractive, I guess I don't really care where it'll come from, because it's coming home with me! 

9.What season is your favorite?
SUMMER! I'm the kind of person who would rather be naked than wearing clothes, ironically ahaha. I really prefer those crop tops, shorts, and simplicity. I love sun-kissed skin and the coast. Hands down, summer is my season. 

10. What is "STYLE" for you?
Style is knowing that you're so rad you don't need to follow other's opinions. It's waking up and looking in the mirror, knowing you don't have to play by the rules. It's walking out onto that sand and knowing you're meant to be there. It's knowing yourself inside and out, and being proud of it. 

11.If you were to design a dress for a red carpet event, what would it be and who would you love to see wearing it?
I love this question! Let's see.. I'd say a really classy light carmel/peach colored dress with lace details and a deep back. I'd for sure want to see Emma Stone or Kat Dennings in my dress, I think they're gorgeous! 

12.If you were to name your boutique after a famous person, who would it be? Why?
Something about LIGHTS, because she taught me that you don't necessarily have to be an oober sell out to succeed. And she's French-Canadian, like me. 

13.Any fashion tip to those who are fashion conscious?
Delete your facebook, pursue your fashion. Once you're out of the way of other's opinions 24/7, you're more likely to develop your personal style. Do what you want, be a rebel, and be so rad it taunts others. You are your own biggest critic, so be confident and pursue what you love. Be a cool kid. On that note, I've got some cool kid of my own that I've got to go call <3 




Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails